misamandry replied to your post “Everyone once in a while I re-read my bookmarked fics to make sure…”
i’ve been meaning to clean up my bookmarks but…i have like 600… *n* (ok going to read that fic yeeeeah)
In order for a fic to make it on my bookmarks it has to either (1) make me almost cry upon first reading it, (2) make me literally laugh out loud, (3) be something that haunts me for days after, or (4) all of the above.
I try to keep mine sleek and trim, but I’ve only been reading fan fic for like 10 months now, so it’s highly likely in a few years mine will be extremely long too.
peskyredhead said: 40 questions meme for fic writers, #2/#15!
Is there a trope you’ve yet to try your hand at, but really want to?
YES. Fake Relationship. I looooooove the fake relationship/pretend married trope. I just love it. And I would love to write one. It doesn’t fit in my Coulson’s Crew verse so it’ll have to be a standalone or something.
If you could choose one of your fics to be filmed, which would you choose?
Oh gosh, out of my fan fics? Umm….I’m not sure any of them would transfer well to film. It would be probably be one of my upcoming fics. But if I had to choose one of the ones that was done, probably Clint’s One and Only Valentine. I’d love to see Renner and Johansson just bring the whole Clintasha relationship to life.
- Describe your comfort zone—a typical you-fic.
- Is there a trope you’ve yet to try your hand at, but really want to?
- Is there a trope you wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole?
- How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
- Share one of your strengths.
- Share one of your weaknesses.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite pieces of prose you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite dialogue scenes you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Which fic has been the hardest to write?
- Which fic has been the easiest to write?
- Is writing your passion or just a fun hobby?
- Is there an episode above all others that inspires you just a little bit more?
- What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- What’s the worst writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- If you could choose one of your fics to be filmed, which would you choose?
- If you only could write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?
- Do you write your story from start to finish, or do you write the scenes out of order?
- Do you use any tools, like worksheets or outlines?
- Stephen King once said that his muse is a man who lives in the basement. Do you have a muse?
- Describe your perfect writing conditions.
- How many times do you usually revise your fic/chapter before posting?
- Choose a passage from one of your earlier fics and edit it into your current writing style. (Person sending the ask is free to make suggestions).
- If you were to revise one of your older fics from start to finish, which would it be and why?
- Have you ever deleted one of your published fics?
- What do you look for in a beta?
- Do you beta yourself? If so, what kind of beta are you?
- How do you feel about collaborations?
- Share three of your favorite fic writers and why you like them so much.
- If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?
- Do you accept prompts?
- Do you take liberties with canon or are you very strict about your fic being canon compliant?
- How do you feel about smut?
- How do you feel about crack?
- What are your thoughts on non-con and dub-con?
- Would you ever kill off a canon character?
- Which is your favorite site to post fic?
- Talk about your current wips.
- Talk about a review that made your day.
- Do you ever get rude reviews and how do you deal with them?
- Write an alternative ending to [insert fic title] (or just the summary of one).